Food Fuel

Food is fuel. Food is fuel. Remember that always. When you are fueling up your car do you find the cheapest, sketchiest gas to put in it? No. If you did your car would not handle it well, it might breakdown, or just not be as efficient as it could be. This is the same for food. We have all splurged on a meal and then regretted it after. It is never a fun feeling after when you are flat on the ground feeling like you are going to die. Here are some of my tips for eating well so that you feel well...

1. Go for natural foods. When looking at food labels see how many ingredients it has and if it is processed. I am a firm believer in knowing what you eat, I also know that people in general know if something is good for them or not. An example of this is eating fruit. After eating fruit you feel refreshed and like it is helping your body. When you drink soda you do not have that same clean feeling. Always ask yourself how that food makes you feel.  

2. Find healthy food that you love. For me I always crave salmon. I love it so much and if prepared correctly it can be good for you. Because of my love of salmon I try and focus as many meals as I can that incorporates that. When you love what you eat, you will want to eat it. Here is a picture of what I have once a week: 

3. Set a food goal. My current food goals are to not have any processed sugars (meaning eliminating candies, cakes, desserts, and ice creams), no soda, and cut out processed food. So far it is going really well. Find a goal that works for you. Set a date, reward yourself (not with food) if you make it. Another tip for making food goals is tell people about it so that way you feel accountable towards someone. 

4. Find a friend to share your food journey with. Yes, cheesy as it may sound having a friend to share recipes with, share your excitement, frustrations, and daily progress is the best thing a person could do. For me, I tell my sisters. They then are able to follow up to see how I am doing. Find your person. Help them out, but also let them help you. It does wonders.

5. Drink water. If you feel like you are thirsty then you are already dehydrated. Majority of the time when we feel hungry it is really just thirst, but our brain signals it as being hungry. Make sure to always carry a water bottle with you and find time to drink the entire thing. The body needs those fluids. 

Food is essential to wellness. Make sure to incorporate food that will help aid and assist your body, rather than make it feel like its own enemy. Food is a tool and an aid. You have got this! 


Comments

Popular Posts