A Little Bit About Me

I realized that I have not even introduced myself or told you a little bit about me. Here we go!

My name is Janelle, I am currently a student studying Public Relations with a minor in Outdoor Recreation and I love it. Since I was really young I have always been very active. It did not matter what it was, if it meant moving my body I loved it. Sports have always been some of my favorite things.

When I was younger I was also very stressed almost all of the time. A lot of my stresses came from just being competitive and feeling the need to win all of the time. It was not healthy at all. My mom knew that I needed to do something about it so I started doing yoga. It changed me forever. Because of yoga I have been able to become a much more relaxed person which has helped almost in every aspect of my life. I am a huge fan of yoga if you can not tell.

Some of my hobbies are running (everyday), rock-climbing (indoor and outdoor), yoga, backpacking, and any sport (except for lacrosse, I am actually the worst at that). When I am not outside adventuring I am studying. School has always been a big part of my life because I am almost always doing it. I really enjoying learning and the challenge of it. Because I am competitive I view school as a huge game of what I can do to be the best me possible. It is a good time for sure.

I come from a larger family. My siblings are my best friends, hands down. My entire family loves going on adventures together and they are some of my favorite memories from when I was younger.

I love to travel. Some of my dream locations are: India (the Taj Mahal), Thailand, Taiwan, and Vietnam. I can't wait to go to those places someday!  

My journal to achieving wellness started a couple of years ago. I was just starting out high school and was not feeling well the majority of the time. I always wanted to sleep, my energy levels were low, my stomach hurt almost all of the time, and in general I was just not feeling like I was doing well. I went to a series of doctors and one of them told me the first thing that I needed to do was make small changes in my life like cutting out some gluten, dairy, increasing exercise (but in a smart way that will help the body, rather than hurt it) and gave other suggestions. I learned that how you treat your body really does matter. I think of my body like a test...if  I study and do the homework assignments than I will do better than if I had not. If I eat healthy and workout then I will do better than if I had not. It is all about the mindset. 

Well, I hope you learned something new! Have a great day and try today to put something in your body that is better than the alternative! 

Comments

Popular Posts